Welcome to Wildwood Environmental Academy
Join us for a tuition-free hands-on learning environment in environmental sciences, including field trips, laboratory experiments and working in the school's own greenhouse!
Wildwood Environmental Academy is a safe and secure free public community school offering a challenging academic program aligned with Common Core State Standards. The academy will be housed in two buildings on the same campus. We have turtles, fish, lizards, a ferret, mice, bearded dragons, snakes, rabbits, chinchillas and guinea pigs, which the students enjoy working with and help to care for. Our greenhouse is accessible to all students and an environmental education is on staff to assist in the full integration of the environmental sciences.
- Free public charter school with all day kindergarten
- Hands-on Learning including a full science and MAC lab
- Small Class Sizes to foster individualized instruction
- Greenhouse, various gardens and active bee hives onsite
- Frequent field extensions throughout the community
- K-12 education with focus on whole child development
- Award winning, highly qualified, caring and dedicated staff
- Use of data to support individualized instruction
- Small school atmosphere with animal friendly classrooms
- Rigorous grading scale and high academic standards
- College Credit Plus opportunities with local universities
- Highly effective support staff
The October 9, 2018, meeting of the board of directors will held at 12:00 p.m. at The Leona Group, 3911 Martha Avenue, Toledo 43612.
The Board of Directors recognizes the importance of collaborating in order to help students have good attendance at school. Therefore, school employees and volunteers, community members and local juvenile court judges, as well as any other stakeholders, are invited to attend the June meeting of the board of directors to collaborate in developing the academy's Attendance, Truancy, and Automatic Withdrawal Policy.
We are happy to welcome you and your family to Wildwood Environmental Academy.
To begin the enrollment process, please fill out the "Enroll Now" form to submit an online enrollment application. An enrollment specialist will contact you soon regarding additional materials that will be required to complete your registration.
Just need more information? Contact Us and a member of our staff will provide any information you may need.